Saturday, April 29, 2006

Story of a stolen Thumb drive

Sometimes in life you wish dinosours were not extinct and could be whisteled to come and gallop you down their throat. That exactly describes my state of mind when I lost the thumb drive given to me by Aniket. Without Aniket the description of my college days will be incomplete. He is my close friend. Calling him a friend is an irony. I never heard him uttering a sentaince without bad words and he was tha master of all sorts of buttering. I learnt a hell lot from him.

He was the one who brought some outsourcing projects I mentioned in my prev. blogs. One of the customers had given a 1 GB pendrive to us. I knew very well that I am absent minded and I ll loose that drive so I kept it in my bag very carefully. As usual we chatted surfed and fokyfied each others in the lab and on the way back to home I just cheked my bag for the drive only to find that it was missing.

Something worth Rs 6000 that could mean all I earnt through these projects would be insufficient to compansate that. huh..

I immediately called all my friends who could possibly had taken the drive. No avail.
I was just imaginating what badwords I am now gonna hear from Aniket. I called him on his phone. Hell0 I said, I uttered the sentence I had prepared for him. Aniket said I ..
I lost the pen drive...
No No It was stolen from my bag....

There was a silence for a few seconds and I just felt it will be great if one of those dinasours could come down to eat me up. But to my surprise no bad words came from other side. He surely was depressed a bit but he understood the situation and it's seriousness. Now thats I think is a sign of a good friend. I would have felt a lot better if he had given bad words for me but his silence was more pathetic for me.

I decided in my mind what I ll do if the customer comes to me she was a girl remind you and the best thing they would do is to cry as I could have guessed.
The story will continue in the next blog..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home