Monday, July 24, 2006

My 5 Fav.

A beautiful Mind
Men's triumph over nature's cruelty. This movie made me crazy. It showed me what exactly a movie should be like and shattered my understanding of acting and direction.
It's not just about a genius who scored a victory over a psychological disease it's about limits of human mind, determination and power of love showed by our beloveds
There is no time in man's life when he should accept his defeat. One never looses a battle until he stops fighting. That was the message given by this film through unmatchable acting skills showed by Jeniffer Connelly and Russell Crowe and superb direction from Ron Howard. He later made one more masterpiece with Russell called 'Cinderella Man'.
I remember each and every frame of the movie and almost every dialog. I have seen this movie so many time and every time I saw it I found it as beautiful as I found it for the first time.

Bichhoo
Nope. Its not the movie again. Its a marathi novel I read some 12 years back. I don't even remember the author. The book I guess never got aclaimaition in the world of literature. However that book has got a permanent place in my mind.
Its about a tribal man and his young daughter chasing a panther in a forest. The novel proceeds with the view point of all three including the panther. The panther is young and wants to escape to a far away place which he thinks is safe. While the tribal man wants to kill the panther for his skin. The young daughte is not old enough to understand why her father is so desparate to kill the panther and develops love for the animal. The man get more and more despo. As he cant find the panther and the girl starts fearing her father. At last he gets a clear opportunity to kill tha panther while the panther is a jump away from the place which he thinks is safer for him. The man realizes that his chase has damaged the emotional world of his daughter and spares the panther. The panther too hurt and exhausted from a long journey rests in peace in the same forest.
It was a first thick book I understood fully.


Ruchi- The restorant
A best place to hang out with friends or without. Exotic veg dishes and lip smacking ice creams. I like the left side AC room facing the road. I have my regular table over there and I like to watch the vehicles entering the city while tasting the filter coffee or black current ice cream.
One good thing about this place is that it is not usually crowded unless you come there after 8:30pm. The waiters are not at all hostile and its extreamly clean.
My fav. Dish is Dahi batata puri a special type of chat which tastes so well only in Ruchi.


Hazaron khwahishein aisi
Again its not the movie nor the song. Yeah! Indeed the song is my fav. One as well but here I am referring to the Gazal Maestro Jagjit Singh. A singer blessed with divine voice that straight way touches your heart. When his melodious voice is coupled with Galib' meaningful poetry you get a reason to forget this world and get involved in an experience. An experience that makes you understand the beauty of words, music and feelings.


Computer Networks
By Andrew S Tannenbaum is a book that made me fall in love with computer networks. It might sound weird but I do love Computer Networks more than anything else. No matter how much you learn there is still so much to be learn. I have high regards for the author who has touched almost every aspect of computer science.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home